What are you smoking today?

Scap

@Scap, I'd suggest giving GL Pease' Quiet Nights a try. Although a little further from Penzance' profile, I find that Bengal Slices have certain elements in common as well. Let us know what you find to be the closest match!
I have both, and will be trying them out soon to see what I can discern. I've also read that Plum Pudding and Plum Pudding Special Reserve might be close too.

I don't have the PP SR, but can do the regular PP.

Scap

I just stuck my nose into my jars.
The closest I can get to that musty leather smell is C&D Pirate Kake, Capt Earle's Diamond Head and Ten Russians, and Peterson Nightcap.

Sid.Stavros

Good morning from Greece, he had heavy rain with thunders here in Athens but now everything looks better. I am smoking Cornell and Diehl White Burley in a Vauen.
Here is my pipe-smoking bag which i always carry with me when i am out in the Cafe for example.

Filters (front pocket not visible), tamper main and auxiliary, tweezers for extracting dirty filters, drill for cleaning the hole of the bowl, screwdriver for adjusting the flame intensity of the lighter, pipe cleaners cotton and synthetics. Leather pipe support base, lighters: Zippo, simple butane and torch type, matches.

Moe Smoke

Good morning from Greece, he had heavy rain with thunders here in Athens but now everything looks better. I am smoking Cornell and Diehl White Burley in a Vauen.
Here is my pipe-smoking bag which i always carry with me when i am out in the Cafe for example.

Filters (front pocket not visible), tamper main and auxiliary, tweezers for extracting dirty filters, drill for cleaning the hole of the bowl, screwdriver for adjusting the flame intensity of the lighter, pipe cleaners cotton and synthetics. Leather pipe support base, lighters: Zippo, simple butane and torch type, matches.
Looks like you have all your bases covered!! ;)

Moe Smoke

Just lit a bowl of Quiet Nights.
It's good, but does not remind me of Penzance.
I find that both have that aftertaste that lingers and lingers... and a full flavor when smoking. I agree that its tough to find a perfect match for Penzance, but Quiet Nights seems to scratch the same "itch" for me!

Scap

Smoked a bowl of 10 Russians last night.
It's a more pungent smoke. Seemed to linger in my facial hair a bit like Penzance, but just not potent enough.
The hunt continues. 😁
Any excuse to smoke Latakia is a valid excuse.

Sid.Stavros

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the pipe smokers around the World! My best wishes also for those who are ''On Duty" today.

I am smoking J.M Boswell Christmas Cookie.

PS: There is not such a thing like ''happy holidays" here in Greece for that day, this is only when the Summer vacations start.

Sid.Stavros

The Greek Pipe Smoking Resistance sends a message to all the pipe smokers around the World, ''Don't give up the fight !"

Skandinavik Sungold.