What are you smoking today?

Sid.Stavros

Greetings from Athens-Greece, my infos from an ''insider'' were that the chief of Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee full of angry slapped his hand on the desk and shouted: he has embarrassed us so many times, he keeps escaping and posting free to encourage the others. We have to catch him, today is our last chance. Listen me all of you,that's an order, arrest him and confiscate his pipe and his tobacco!
From the early morning i have spotted in the opposite roof a surveillance agent, in the block a drone was making circles, two unknown guys were in the right corner and an unmarked car with tinted windows was in the left. I knew that was a deadly trap from the enemy which hated my freedom so much.
This is the last Quarantine day but i couldn't stay inside only because they wanted so my decision was go out and as for the threats my answer was-is-will be only one: ''Μολων Λαβε'' which means in Greek ''Come if you dare and get them''. So i rappel from the back balcony, run and bypass a hostile dog, i jumped 2 walls and after crawling in a tunnel i manage to escape and go to my favourite spot for 2 hours of relaxation with my Kompoloi and my pipe.

Skandinavik Vanilla.

Scap

Started with a spade bit for the 3/8" holes for the dowels... and proceeded to tear up/split the wood. Not a good choice. I bought a good set of Forstner bits and Eureka! Perfect, smooth holes every time.
Looks like you burned the wood a bit on the table saw when you ripped the stem rest in half.
Have you checked to make sure your fence is not "toed in" on the back side of the cut?
Also, if you used a cross cut (high tooth count) blade for ripping that can do it too.

I have a drill press and forstner bits on my wish list, but the tools I already have spend more time sleeping than making saw dust.

Scap

Just fired up my second bowl of Pegasus.
Drinking a Negra Modelo.
Celebrating my getting the AC back up and running. Dual capacitor decided to take a shit this afternoon. Of course, it picks the hottest day of the year so far. Called a couple of my good customers and one had a capacitor that I traded for a fiver of Cubans.
House is back down to 73 and no worries about my humidor becoming a moldador.

IMG_20200518_213101.jpg

Sid.Stavros

THEIR BETRAYAL
The majority of pipe smokers are people with morals, dignity, honesty, integrity. On the contrary, the people on the Hygienist Anti-pipe smoking Committee are people without morals and honour, people who are insidious and evil who use dishonest means. The Cafes were to open last week, this was the agreement and we followed the rules as real Men but the committee's rats managed to convince politicians that "it is good for the public good" not to open for another 2 weeks. They were sentenced us still to smoke our pipe on the benches in parks and squares and we know they were laughing at us but i will remind to these wicked people two explicitly:
"Whoever waits gets everything" and "Whoever laughs last laughs better".

I am smoking Planta No1 in a Brebbia, double espresso beside me trying to stay calm while looking what the Mother-Nature offer to us.

Sid.Stavros

FINAL COUNTDOWN

Gentlemen, no matter how hard the Enemy (the Hygienist Anti-Pipe Smoking Committee) tried to postpone the date, tomorrow, May 25, the cafes will open (outdoor space only). It won't be the same as before (fewer people-the tables at a greater distance, etc.) but it's a start. No matter what they do, they can't stop us, we will smoke our pipe in public with coffee and Kompoloi until the end, we will never give up the fight!

Stanwell Vanilla.