RIP Matches860, John Harden

NJPiper

I am a relative newcomer to pipe smoking and the YTPC, but watching Matches860's videos and live streams was probably most impactful tool that led me to realize just how tight knit the piping community is. We are kindred spirits with a common bond, and Matches was a cornerstone of the community. He had vast knowledge of blends and pipes that made his advice incredibly useful and valuable, but he also had that "everyman" appeal that made everyone feel welcome and a part of the group.

His untimely passing leaves a chasm in our community that can never be filled, but his knowledge and influence and kind soul will endure for years to come. Godspeed.

I am a relative newcomer to pipe smoking and the YTPC, but watching Matches860's videos and live streams was probably most impactful tool that led me to realize just how tight knit the piping community is. We are kindred spirits with a common bond, and Matches was a cornerstone of the community. He had vast knowledge of blends and pipes that made his advice incredibly useful and valuable, but he also had that "everyman" appeal that made everyone feel welcome and a part of the group.

His untimely passing leaves a chasm in our community that can never be filled, but his knowledge and influence and kind soul will endure for years to come. Godspeed.
Amen to that brother, he shall be remembered.